Omaha apartment fire causes estimated $10,000 in damage
OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - An apartment fire allegedly caused by discarded smoking material was extinguished quickly, but not before causing some damage.
According to the Omaha Fire Department, at 8:36 a.m. Saturday crews were called to an apartment fire near 35th and Dodge Street.
Crews arrived and found a small fire in one apartment. The fire was extinguished quickly and an occupant refused medical attention. No other injuries were reported.
OFD says the fire was caused accidentally by improperly-disposed smoking material.
A report from the fire department also indicated there were no smoke detectors in the apartment.
The fire caused roughly $5,000 in damage to the structure and an additional $5,000 to its contents.
Copyright 2023 WOWT. All rights reserved.